Request a Service or File a Complaint

Type your request or complaint here or pick from list on the right

Issues entered with incorrect issue description may result in delayed response

Historic District Violation - BID

They are doing exterior repairs; replacing windows; putting up a fence; adding stucco or vinyl siding; making roof repairs; painting; demolishing a structure or building a new structure. This work is being done without a Certificate of Appropriateness [COA] in a Historic District. What can be done about this?


Please provide an exact address for location of violation. Non Household Animals in Residential areas, auto repairs in residential areas, commercial utility trailers, fence or wall height violations, parking or storage of restricted vehicles, such as RV’s, large trucks or boats in required front yards or driveways, longer than 24 hours, temporary storage units, yard sales, address improperly displayed, business in residential, illegal and/or damaged signs on private property, temporary/portable signs, flashing signs, animated signs, revolving signs. Complaints about noise or odor in reference to the new Hens in Residential areas ordinance should be directed to EQD. Complaints about improper enclosures, no permits for hens, too many hens, roosters, coop or enclosure not in backyard, selling of chickens, eggs or chicken manure, improper or non-existent screening and the slaughtering of hens shall be directed to Municipal Code Compliance. MCC does not handle complaints about signs with no permits. Those should be directed to the Building Inspection Division

Zoning-Land Use

MUST HAVE A VALID ADDRESS OR RE# TO INVESTIGATE A COMPLAINT. Without valid information, complaint will be cancelled without further investigation. This issue covers: Agriculture prohibited use, Parking of certain vehicles in residential areas, lakes and ponds prohibited use, borrow pits, excavations, lot/yard violations, building or fence too tall. ALSO More than five unrelated persons living in a single family residence. See addtional info to the right.

Parking Meter, Broken

I want to report a meter out of order.

Parking - Abandoned Vehicle

There is an abandoned vehicle located on public property (street, sidewalk, CROW) that needs to be removed.

Parking Lots and Garages

I need parking facility information--lots and garages

Parking - Plastic Cover On License Tag

I just received a parking citation due to a plastic cover being over my license tag. What can be done about this?

Parking In the Public Right of Way

There is a vehicle, trailer or boat parked in the Public Right of Way. Is this legal?

Parking - Vehicle for Sale in CROW or Street

There is a vehicle (car, trailer, boat, recreational vehicle) for sale in the street or public right of way. Is this legal.

For State Road violations - call DMV at 904.365.2681

Parking on a public street or highway in excess of 24 hours

Can a vehicle (car, boat, trailer, recreational vehicle) be parked on a city street, right of way or public property not operated by the city for longer than 24 hours? 

Parking - Vehicle Parked in Residential Area > 10,000 Pounds

There is a commercial vehicle parked in my neighborhood or apartment complex.

Parking Enforcement Services Request

I have noticed vehicles not obeying City of Jacksonville and State of Florida parking laws in my neighborhood/business.

Parking Restriction - Sign Request

This issue is for residents requesting No Parking signs. 

Residents should contact JSO for abandoned vehicles or illegally parked cars (630-0500).

Parking - Towed Vehicle

My vehicle was towed and I don't know where it was towed to.

Parking Meter Sensors

Meter sensors have been installed on the 200 East Forsth Street block and 100 North Market Street block. Parkers can only park for the 2-hour time limit (they can't get additional time for funds deposited). As such, they will need to park at another parking space when the 2-hour time period expires (if they paid for 2 hours of parking). Additionally, when parkers leave the space, the time clock will reset (meaning, there will be no remaining time on the meter for someone else to take advantage of).

Parking on Sidewalk

Vehicles parking on a sidewalk, even if it intersects a driveway violates Florida State Statute 316.1945 (1)(a) 2.

(1) Except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic, or in compliance with law or the directions of a police officer or official traffic control device, no person shall:

(a) Stop, stand, or park a vehicle:

1. On the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the edge or curb of a street.

2. On a sidewalk.


Parking in the City Right of Way

A vehicle can park in the street, as long as it is not obstructing traffic, which is part of the City Right of Way (CROW) for no more than 24 hours. At that point, the vehicle is being stored in the street CROW. Vehicles > 10,000 are not allowed to park in the street/CROW unless loading/unloading. Otherwise, the vehicle is in violation of the law.

ADA Complaint Private Business

I would like to file a complaint on a private business in regards to the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Parking - Garage/Surface Lot Rates

Would you provide me with monthly and daily rates of City of Jacksonville operated garages and surface lots?

Please email or call 904-630-2489 for additional assistance. When emailing please describe your request, including your contact information and the address or location of the concern.

v14.3.22.3   Copyright 2017 City of Jacksonville, Florida