Request a Service or File a Complaint

Type your request or complaint here or pick from list on the right

Issues entered with incorrect issue description may result in delayed response

Recycling, Information Request

Use this issue description to request additional information not available in Service Standards or Do's and Don'ts.   Visit to view the most current list of items accepted and not accepted. When do they collect? They left a yellow tag with my uncollected items - what does it mean?

Missed Recycling

Use this issue description ONLY to report that RECYCLE was not collected on recycle collection day. If tagged, enter Recycle, Information Request to request explanation if information on the tag is not adequate. CSR please check collection schedule in system (Flex Question).

CORE CITY CUSTOMERS: Due to Wednesday being a non-working day for SWD, missed issues reported on Tuesday by Core City customers will be addressed by close of business on Thursday.

If customer is calling before 6pm of scheduled collection day, explain collection timeframes to the customer and encourage them to contact 630-CITY the business day following scheduled collection day between 8:00am and 5:00pm. Issues entered after 5:00pm may result in your issue not getting addressed until next collection cycle.

Recycling, Collection Before 6 a.m.
I want to report a residential recycling collection that is happening before 6 a.m. (If noise is coming from commercial dumpsters being emptied before 7:00AM, it should be entered in C.A.R.E. as a "Noise Pollution" complaint).

Recycling, Messy Collection

I want to report workers not collecting spillage after emptying containers, leaving bins in street or blocking driveway, etc.

Recycling, Damage to Private Property

I want to report damage to my private property (i.e. yard, driveway, mailbox, etc.) caused by a residential recycling collection vehicle. Numerous waste collection vehicles that may not belong to a COJ contract hauler are travelling on city, county or state road at any given time hence, damage to vehicles, whether in motion or parked on city right of way should be reported to JSO.

Commercial - Solid Waste Services for Fire Stations

Fire station needs to setup an account for waste collection services (garbage/yard waste/recycling) through the Department of Public Works/Solid Waste Accounts Receivable.























Commingling/Mixing of Waste Streams into one truck

Use this issue description to report commingling /mixing of multiple waste streams into one vehicle. I want to report the hauler is placing garbage and/or recycling and/or yard waste into the same vehicle.

Please email or call 904-630-2489 for additional assistance. When emailing please describe your request, including your contact information and the address or location of the concern.

v14.3.22.3   Copyright 2017 City of Jacksonville, Florida